Originally built in 1905 to house the Budapest Stock Exchange, the grand Beaux Arts monumental building was designed by the famous Hungarian architect Ignác Alpár. Exchange Palace was home to the Hungarian national television station MTV since 1955.
The 50,000 m2 palace is the largest privately owned historic landmark in Budapest. It is centrally located in the heart of Budapest’s financial and government district, and will be redeveloped into first class retail and office space.
1054 Budapest, Szabadság tér 17.
Central Business District
Liberty Square (Szabadság tér) is the heart of the Central Business District of Budapest. Exchange Palace shares the square with the National Bank of Hungary and the US Embassy, and neighbours the Parliament and the Danube river. Liberty Square is a short walk from three (3) metro lines and 746 under-square public parking spaces are located at Liberty Square Parking
Exchange Palace is developed by Canadian real estate investor Tippin Corporation, in co-ownership with Optimum Asset Management. Tippin Corporation specializes in the preservation and adaptive re-use of architectural landmarks, with projects in Toronto, Atlanta, Berlin, Budapest, Belgrade and Tbilisi.
Tippin Corporation believes that “architecture is useful art” and addresses our innate desire for sensory stimulation, prestige and identity. This philosophy guides the firms approach to each restoration project, with the goal of creating modern functional workspace within respect for the past.
Exchange Palace on Liberty Square represents one of Tippin Corporation’s most prestigious projects, in collaboration with some of the world’s finest designers, technicians, and craftsman. Exchange Palace will be restored with the utmost care and respect for the Hungarian monument.